Photos and title bar do not load when clicking on domain and subdomain

Domain name bought on gandi. DNS changed on gandi several days ago. Domain parked on 000webhost (in tables it reads in front of domain:“Parked”). When using on google domain name (lesbellesdeprovence.com) or subdomain(www.lesbellesdeprovence.com) the photos do not appear and the titlebar is in havock. Only text of my site displays while using domain and subdomain as opposed to the 000webhostapp.com address. Is anything missing after all these steps to allow title bar and photos to show? Thanks in advance for your help?

@varamg Make sure you have uploaded images to “images” directory…with file name “LES BELLES PORTES DE PROVENCE.gif”.
If you’ve already uploaded then…take screenshot and post here!!!

Take out the spaces and try again i.e. image001.jpg instead of IMAGE 0 0 1.jpg
Basically rename your files simple and embed them into the site.

1 Like

Thanks for the response and your time. Apparently I cannot post a screenshot of the file manager. I do have a directory named images. I think I will try to modify CNAME instead of PARK DOMAIN and see if the result is better with domain and subdomain name.

In addition I noticed that when I click on the toolbar items on my “broken” index page (using the subdomain) then it links to the index page of the lesbellesdeprovence.000webhostapp.com page which then displays correctly.

You have pointed your site to 000webhost?

I can’t see any trace saying you’ve pointed them

Hello back, (thanks again for your response) indeed I have now reversed from dns of 000webhost (the dns1 and dns2…) to original ones (of gandi) to use instead of PARK, CNAME method but result is still the same. Both css and images do not show-up. Here is the google result of the CNAME proc (i am trying a screenshot):

and a screenshot of the directory of my site:

Can you make any suggestions?

Now it is pointed back to 000wehost servers, I gave up with CNAME. lesbellesdeprovence.com and www.lesbellesdeprovence.com opens but neither the photos nor the CSS work. Can you help to fix this? Is this because it is in the free hosting?

@varamg I suggest check with your script once.
Test is locally.[quote=“varamg, post:7, topic:55866”]
Is this because it is in the free hosting?
[/quote]
No.

The free hosting thus allow to park domain. Do you think you can help me with the resolution of this? What is meant by check with your script? I did not understand sorry.

Yes you can, as you have already done it.

Have your tested your website locally on your pc that it is working correctly or not(I mean the css, image not displaying issue).

With the link lesbellesdeprovence.000webhostapp.com the site displays perfectly well. Not with the short links though.

@varamg ohh…yes it’s working fine with *.000webhostapp.com link.

Can you PM me your account login details?? Let me check it from my side.

http://puu.sh/viNnW/5f07f46bb0.png

Appears only on yoursite.com not via yoursite.000webhostapp.com so something is up.

Have you enabled hotlink protection or anything like that?

at some point I remember putting in error some protection on 000webhost. Did I leave it and if yes how can I remove it ?
I notice that I have two files htaccess and htpasswd in my folders that I did not load: what are they? are they added by 000webhost? can I delete them?

You can delete them yes.

Thank’s a lot for your help. Indeed those files htaccess and htpasswd appeared a little everywhere in my file manager. They were blocking the display of images and css files.Deleting them in all folder did it. Never give up!

1 Like